About a year ago, I had an idea for a patriotic, WWII type eagle sweater. I knew what I wanted, and I looked and looked for a pattern that would satisfy, but being my picky self, nothing did. Finally I just decided to design one, how hard could it be?
I hadn't done colorwork in about ten years, but I just like to jump right into things. The more you consider how difficult something might be, the more likely you are to back out. So I graphed out the eagle, adapted it to a pattern in one of my 1940s knitting magazines, and got started. I kept adding on as I went, the "VICTORY" was something I decided to do right after I finished the eagle, and the "V" was something I toyed with but once the back was done I just had to add it! I lost my pad of graph paper after I drew the eagle, so the three separate designs are all overlapped onto one sheet! It's a hilarious mess that only I could make sense of.
Despite wanting to make loads of changes to the design, I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I've ordered yarn for my next little novelty sweater, can't wait to get started!